BUTTER CHICKEN BY PAMELA SARKAR
Are you all staying at home, maintaining Social Distancing, Sanitising your hands and stuff that are being brought at home, wearing masks and taking care of your own health?? I hope you all are doing all these and more just like me. We are stuck at our homes right!! So what better way than to help our family members in all the daily chores at home!!! Staying away from unwanted news and rumours are must dos please. It is important now more to hold on to our hopes and positivity to prevent depression and many other mental issues.
So I surf Instagram explore a lot and land up with interesting DIYs and recipes and tutorials. Some I try and some I don’t. Some sees the light of success and some doesn’t. Among these, last to last week, landed upon an interesting video of Butter Chicken made in easy steps. So after watching it, and understanding the simplicity of the recipe, decided to try it once at least. As it turned out to be a success, I thought to share it with you all. You must try this at home and let me know for sure in comments section or in my social media handles tagging me please. So let’s get started please!!!
For the Marinade:
Chicken – Boneless (cut in cubes) 700gm
Curd – 1 cup
Lemon Juice – 1tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1tsp
Cumin Powder – 1tsp
Kashmiri Laal Powder – half tsp
Degi Mirch – half tsp
Shahi Garam Masala Powder – 2tbsp
Garlic Minced – 2 large whole cloves
Ginger Minced – 1tbsp
For the Curry :
Tomato Puree or Paste – boil 2 large or 3 medium sized Tomatoes and make a paste of them
Cream – 1 cup (Amul Cream would do)
Salt & Sugar for seasoning
Ghee or Butter
- Marinade the chicken pieces with the marinating stuff and keep it in the fridge overnight, 24 hours or minimum 6 hours.
- In a wok, heat half oil half ghee or butter. Add the chicken pieces and fry them on adjusting flames for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the marinade into it along with the tomato puree, cream, salt and sugar and mix them properly. Next reduce the flame to low, cover it and let it cook for the next 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Once done, you may garnish with cream, shahigaram masala powder, a dollop of butter on top and a sprig of coriander leaves.
- Serve it with Parantha, Kulcha, Butter Naan, Naan, Tandoori, Romali Roti or with Basmati Rice be it with theatrics or not.
Yes it’s that simple. I was surprised too at first. Thus tried it out and was so happy with the outcome. Thank you @recipe_tin for the recipe – link of which you can get below –
If you like my recipes please let me know. To know more about me go through my social handles –
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/pamela.sarkar84
Join my Group in Facebook MAKEOVER LIFESTYLE STORIES https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710441192369262/?ref=share
Would surely love to hear your feedback.
Signing off for now!!
Stay Safe, Stay Home!